Well, guys, it’s day 28 of 28 Days of Black Super Heroes here on Hypertransitory.com, and today it’s time to wrap this thing up.
As I mentioned in my Black Super-heroes preview article, this is something I had meant to do last year, but was just too lazy to pull off.
Honestly, I didn’t know what I was getting myself into. This past month turned out to be a phenomenal amount of work -luckily it was only 28 days!
I’m glad I decided to do it and even more glad that I was able to stick to a daily posting schedule for the past month with artwork, and some pretty decent-length write-ups, I think. I really proved something to myself and I feel good about it.
My initial plan was to just post the art, but I’m too much of a blabbermouth apparently so I had to say something along with each piece.
I had a lot of fun researching the heroes and learning things I never knew before. I’ve already spent a lot of money procuring some of these characters’ old adventures.
Here’s a quick list of the highlights:
- Favorite character to draw:Hardware. I like all that crazy stuff falling off of him.
- Favorite character to write up: Man it might be a four-way tie with all the Milestone stuff (Icon, Rocket, Hardware & Static). That stuff brought out a lot of pride in me, and with the very sad news of Dwayne Mcduffie’s death this month, it’s hitting me hard.
- Favorite character to clown: Triathlon. I never liked this guy, and it felt good to clown him a little.
- Character that most surprised me: The Falcon. I always thought very little of The Falcon, but researching him and reading what he was all about made me change my mind.
- Overall realization: There just aren’t many good Black female character. We gotta get on that.
So after today I’ll be entering in all the names and emails of people who commented on the Black Super-hero articles. Those of you who commented via Facebook I’ll contact you through there if you win.
Oh yeah, the prizes:
- PRIZE #1: A 20 x 30 poster featuring all of my artwork of the characters shown this month! (see above image)
- PRIZE #2: A free commission from me of any character you want (up to 12 x 18 size).
Also, those of you on my newsletter list should be on the lookout for some rewards from me just because I appreciate you guys!
THE WRAP UP
So anyway, as I mentioned in the two previous entries, featuring my own characters, Jackknife Jenkins and Kid Hype, spending this past month with the great characters shown here has really sparked my creativity, and given me a huge push to get my own work out there.
I’m not sure if I’ll do this series again next year, but it may be back. I’ll have to branch out and find some more Black characters to write about, or if there’s been any significant changes in the past year we could see a repeat or two.
Until that time, thanks much to all those who read, commented signed up for my newsletter or otherwise participated.
Here’s to fortune and glory!